PETG, a thermoplastic polyester used in commercial applications, provides excellent toughness, chemical resistance, and easy thermoforming ability. PETG plastics are fabricated well-using processes like die cutting/CNC knife cutting, drilling, routing, bending and vacuum forming. PETG can be readily vacuumed and pressure-formed as well as heat bent and bonds easily using solvents or adhesives.
PETG plastics are high-impact, co-polyester material, that does not hold up well in outdoor applications unless UV resistant stabilizers are added. Due to its soft surface, it is also vulnerable to scratching in high-contact environments. PETG plastics are FDA compliant, so theycan be used in medical and food applications. In medical applications, it stands up to radiation and chemical sterilization techniques without changing color.
Typical PETG Plastics Applications
- POP Displays
- Machine Guards
- Graphic Arts
- Candy Manufacturing
- Food Preparation
- Medical Braces
- Bonds easily using solvents or adhesives.
- Low forming temperature - Can be readily vacuumed and pressure formed.
- Can be silk screened using a variety of inks.
- FDA-compliant - Can be used in medical and food applications.
- Maintains color through radiation and chemical sterilization.
- PETG Sheets – Thicknesses from 0.02" to 0.50". Sheets in two sizes, 48" x 96" and 60" x 96".
- Product styles section
- PETG Colors – Clear, tint and opaque.
|Polyethylene Terephthalate Glycol Modified (PETG) Tech Sheet||MIDLND_TechSheetUpdate_PETG_v0r1.pdf|