Tough and durable yet lightweight, polycarbonate is usually associated with applications requiring high impact.
- Containment Panels
- Security and Bullet-Resistant Windows
- Motorcycle Windscreens
- Dash Panels
- Lighting Fixtures/Diffusers
- Safety Equipment
- Machine Guards
- Light Lenses
- Food Applications(FDA-Grade)
- Resistant Glazing
- Architectural Glazing
- Bus Shelters and Mass Transit Applications
- Energy-efficient, due to excellent insulating qualities compared to glass of the same thickness.
- Allows up to 88 percent of visible light transmission.
- Can be specially formulated to provide excellent resistance to the weathering effects of prolonged exposure to the sun.
- Specialty types provide proven resistance to both physical and ballistic attacks in security applications.
- More dimensionally stable than acrylic over a wide temperature range.
- Polycarbonate Sheets – Range in thickness from 0.007" to 6". Thicknesses up to 0.03" are available in 24" x 48" sheets. Above this thickness, a variety of sizes are available from 48" x 96" to 72" x 120".
- Polycarbonate Rods – Diameters range from 0.125" outer diameter (OD) to 6" OD. Diameters between 0.125" and 3" are available in 8' sections. Diameters above 3" are available in 4' sections.
- Polycarbonate Tubing – Inner diameter (ID) dimensions ranging from 0.125" to 11.75", with a variety of wall thicknesses available. Standard rod lengths are 8'.
- Product styles section
- Polycarbonate Sheet Colors – Polycarbonate sheets are available from Midland Plastics in Clear, Bronze Tint, Gray Tint, White, Black and custom colors.
- Polycarbonate Rod Colors – Clear, Black and colors
- Polycarbonate Tubing Colors – Clear and colors.
- Midland Plastics stocks polycarbonate sheets in general purpose and FDA-compliant formulas, as well as machine and containment grades. Bullet-resistant sheet is available, as well as abrasion-resistant formulations. Twin-wall and multiwall lightweight panels are also available.
- Polycarbonate mirror is available for high-impact environments. Mirror may also be ordered with a scratch-resistant coating to maintain clarity.