From swimming pools to roller coasters to basketball backboards to playground equipment, if you’re having fun, chances are performance plastics are along for the ride. Relax and enjoy the durability of plastics!
- Acrylonitrile-Butadiene-Styrene (ABS)
- Acetal (POM)
- Acrylic (PMMA)
- High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- Nylon (PA)
- Polycarbonate (PC)
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)
- Swimming Pools — water treatment, pool enclosures, diving boards, piping •
- Snowmobiles — skis, slide suspensions, sprockets, fuel lines, windshields, bumpers, bearings and bushings
- Amusement park rides — signage, housings, wheels, bumpers/rub rails, benches, piping, canopies
- Bowling alleys — pin guides, kick plates, ball returns, rollers
- Reproductions of jukeboxes — windows, housings
- Hockey shielding and dasher systems
- Lightweight (easier to handle, store and less Weather, UV, fire and chemical resistant
- Sound deadening/attenuation
- Impact and wear resistance
- Provides variety of rolling resistances, load bearing capacities and hysteresis characteristics (for roller coaster designs)
- Easy to fabricate and thermoform
- Lower incidents of breakage means less need to maintain replacement stock
Did You Know?
The U.S. theme park Six Flags Great Adventure
had the highest roller coaster worldwide in 2020; ?
its attraction Kingda Ka was 139 meters high.