Styrene plastic is a highly valued material in the world of plastics, known for its lightness and resilience. As a result, styrene plastic is widely used in short-term outdoor signage, indoor signs and displays. Midland stocks styrene plastic sheets in the form of high impact styrene (HIPS), which is distributed as the standard product. Styrene plastic sheets are characterized by their lightweight, toughness, and good dielectric properties, making them easy to process.
In thinner dimensions, styrene plastic sheets can be easily die-cut for signs and displays or used in component parts. However, it's important to note that for outdoor use, styrene plastics should only be used for short-term applications as they do not weather well without a custom weather-resistant coating. Despite this, styrene plastics are well-suited for vacuum and pressure forming and are extensively used in food service packaging.
Styrene Plastic Applications
- Appliance Components
- Light Lenses
- Appliance Panels
- Easily die cut/CNC knife cut
- Well-suited for vacuum and pressure forming
- Can be customized with weather-resistant coating
- Styrene Sheets – Standard size is 48" x 96". Available thicknesses are 0.0" up to 0.236".
- Product styles section.
- Styrene Sheet Stock – White and black.
- Styrene Sheet colors can be custom produced.
- Weather-resistant coating is available by special order.