PVC plastic material, also known as polyvinyl chloride or vinyl, is renowned for its chemical resistance, low moisture absorption, dimensional stability, mechanical strength, and self-extinguishing fire resistance. PVC plastic material is offered in various forms, including sheets, rods, and tubes, with both rigid and flexible options to cater to different applications.
PVC plastic tubing, in its rigid form, is widely utilized in plumbing or liquid handling applications due to its high chemical resistance and durability. Flexible PVC in sheet form has a wide range of uses including welding curtains, packaging, and medical and scientific applications. Large-diameter flexible PVC plastic tubing can be inner-braided to enhance its strength and stability for high-pressure operations. PVC plastic sheeting, in the form of foam PVC tubing, provides a lightweight alternative to standard PVC tubing and is available in a variety of colors and thicknesses. Foam PVC sheeting is widely used in advertising and display applications.
Overall, PVC plastic material, with its tubing and PVC plastic sheeting options, is a versatile material that can meet the needs of various industries.
PVC Plastic Material Applications
- Chemical Processing
- Water Treatment
- Fume Hoods
- Pump Components
- Agricultural Equipment
- Signage (Foamed PVC)
- Medical Components
- Flexible Partitions
- Weldable and bondable in rigid formulations
- Chemical- and corrosion-resistant
- No moisture absorption
- Foam PVC is available in a variety of colors and thicknesses
- PVC Sheets – Thicknesses range from 0.0625" to 4". Depending on thickness and color, linear dimensions range from 48" x 96" to 60" x 120". Foam PVC sheet is available in thicknesses from 1mm to 25mm.
- PVC Rods – Diameters from 0.25" to 16".
- PVC Tube – Standard nominal sizes range from 0.125" to 24".
- PVC Sheet Colors – Gray and White are standard. Foam PVC sheet is available in a variety of colors.
- PVC Rod Colors – Standard color is Gray, but colors are also available.
- PVC Tubing Profiles – Square bar, U-channel, angle, rectangle and square tube.
Midland Plastics stocks rigid PVC in Type I, Grade I; Type II is available and is formulated for higher-impact applications.
- Type I PVC is available in sheet, rod and tube (pipe) shapes.
- Pipe generally is classified under “Schedule” dimensions, referring to wall thicknesses.
- Foam PVC tubing is available in sheet only.