PET and PBT Polyester
PET and PBT are polyester plastics with excellent wear resistance, a low coefficient of friction and good chemical resistance. Its dimensional stability, combined with low moisture absorption, allows PET and PBT polyester to be machined into precise, high-tolerance components. PET is both FDA and 3A-Dairy compliant, making it ideal for food applications.
PET polyester plastics have good mechanical properties, and works well for high load and wear conditions. PET polyester plastics can be formulated with additional lubricants to increase its wear characteristics without changing the basic attributes of the material.
Typical Applications for PET & PBT Polyester Plastics
- Pump Housings and Components
- Electrical Components
- Precision Components
- Thrust Washers
- Seals and Spacers
- Can be formulated to increase wear characteristics without changing the basic attributes of the material.
- FDA- and 3-A Dairy-compliant formulas, ideal for food applications.
- Good mechanical properties - Works well in high-load and high-wear conditions.
- PET/PBT Sheets – 24" by 48", with thicknesses ranging from 0.25" to 4".
- Polyester Plastic Rods– Diameters from 0.250" to 8", in lengths of 4' or 8'. Sizes and lengths may vary for special PET formulations.
- PET/PBT Tubular Bars - Contact us for more information about available dimensions and lengths for tubular bar.