Nylon plastics are one of the most frequently used thermoplastics for engineering and industrial applications because of their toughness, low coefficient of friction, and good abrasion resistance. Nylon plastics can be formulated with a number of different additives to improve load-bearing capabilities and to reduce friction and the need for additional lubrication. Nylon plastics are often an ideal replacement for bronze bearings or bushings.
Nylon Plastics Applications:
- Wear Pads
- Wheels and Rollers
- Material Handling
- Food Processing
- Conveyor Components
- Star Wheels
- Ideal replacement for bronze bearings or bushings.
- Capable of reducing friction due to internal lubricants.
- Available in heat-stabilized and FDA-compliant varieties.
- Lighter weight than most metals.
- Nylon Sheets – Thicknesses from 0.031" to 6"; widths from 24" to 48"; and length, depending type, on from 48" to 120".
- Nylon Rods – Diameters from 0.062" to 38", depending on type.
- Nylon Tubular Bars – Outer diameters (OD) from 2" to 80". Contact us for specific inner diameter (ID) dimensions.
Our standard nylon formulations are also available with lubricants molded or extruded into the product to enhance performance characteristics and to eliminate the need for additional lubrication.