The benefits of an acetal plastic sheet includes a low coefficient of friction, high strength, low moisture absorption and easy machinability. It is excellent for applications with close-tolerance mechanical parts, as electrical insulators or in FDA applications such as food service. Acetal plastic sheets retain their toughness through a broad temperature range and is a good choice in wet environments. In abrasive wear applications, nylon may be a better choice than an Acetal plastic sheet.
Acetal Plastic Sheet Applications:
- Conveyor Components
- Scraper Blades
- Ice Cream Equipment
- Food Conveyors
Benefits of Acetal Plastic Sheets
- Retains toughness through a broad temperature range
- A good choice for wet environments
- Easy to machine
- Multiple formulations
- Acetal Sheet – Available in thicknesses of 0.030" up to 4.5", and in sizes from 24" wide to 144" long.
- Acetal Rods – Diameter sizes range from 0.062" to 12.00".
- Acetal Tubular Bars – O.D. dimensions up to 13.5" are available with a variety of I.D. options.
- Product Styles Section - Midland Plastics stocks Acetal in homopolymer (Delrin®) and copolymer versions as well as enhanced bearing-grade formulations using PTFE and other internal lubricants. Copolymer acetal is more chemically resistant while the homopolymer formulation offers slightly higher mechanical properties.